Q: How do I obtain an official copy of my transcript if the school I attended is closed?

A: If you would like a transcript from a closed school, please fill out the form located at: Transcript Request Form.

Q: What do I do if you don't have my transcript?

A: If we do not have a copy of your transcript, we will send you a letter stating that we do not have your transcript. We always suggest in these situations that you contact anyone you have ever given your transcript to, such as employers, other educational institutions, or the military, if appropriate.

Q: How do I request a copy of my diploma?

A: The Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education does not maintain copies of student diplomas. We maintain student transcripts only. However, in most cases the student transcripts state graduation dates and program of study.

Q: Will my credits from a private school transfer to other schools?

A: The acceptance of credits from another institution is always up to the receiving institution. For more information, contact the institution you are considering attending.

Q: I'm having problems with a school loan. Who should I contact?

A: If it is a federal loan, you can contact the United States Department of Education Federal Financial Aid Hotline at 1-800-433-3243. If it is a private loan, you should contact the lender.

Q: How do I file a complaint against a school?

A: When you have a complaint, the first step is to follow the schools complaint process. If you do not get a satisfactory response, contact the Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education at 501-371-2000. We will mail you a complaint form so that you may file a formal complaint against the school. For more information on our complaint process, please refer to the Filing a Complaint section of this website.

Q: What types of schools does ADHE license?

A: ADHE licenses private career schools that offer programs that lead to or enhance a career. School licensure is required when the education is offered in Arkansas or when schools enroll Arkansas students in online courses or programs.

Q: At what intervals are school licenses renewed?

A: Licenses are renewed annually.

Q: What is the difference between licensure and accreditation?

A: The Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education licenses schools, but we do not accredit them. Accreditation is a non-governmental, voluntary, peer evaluation process. To become accredited by an appropriately recognized accrediting agency, institutions and programs must show that they meet certain standards established by the accrediting agency. Accreditation does not provide automatic acceptance by an institution of credit earned at another institution, nor does it give assurance of acceptance of graduates by employers.